- 2 medium size beetroot
- 4 handfuls of cos lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for roasting)
- 4-6 tinned sardines in olive oil (depending on size)
- Corn on the cob
- Parmesan shavings
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3-6 Green or black olives depending on size
Cut the beetroot into quarters, mix with two tablespoons of olive oil and roast in a fan assisted oven at 170 C for 25 minutes. Test that it is cooked by pricking with a fork.
Meanwhile boil or steam the corn cob for around 20 minutes and then strip the kernels from the cob.
Combine the ingredients on a plate, drizzle the extra virgin olive oil and serve.